Thomas Orr are delighted to bring this picturesque country cottage with stone outbuildings to the open market. The accommodation provides three good size bedrooms and three reception rooms plus an additional extended kitchen diner. Stacked with historic features such as wooden sash windows and tall ceilings and cornicing around this really is an idyllic rural residence. Boasting gorgeous stone walled gardens with fruit trees, a well, old stone outbuildings with stunning surrounding countryside views. This period property could benefit from a new purchaser's style and decor.
- Idyllic country residence which would have previously been lived in by the Estate Manager
- Three good size bedrooms - master with ensuite shower and separate toilet and wash hand basin
- Three reception rooms and an extended dining area to the kitchen with breathtaking countryside views
- Kitchen has high and low level pinewood cabinets, an AGA stove cooker and breakfast bar area with tiled floor
- Semi-circular spacious olive green conservatory with decorative tiled floor
- Wooden sash windows to the front and side of the house
- Wooden double glazed windows at the rear
- Oil fired central heating
- Extended utility room with Belfast sink and plumbed for washing machine
- Old stone outbuildings currently utilised as a garage, store and separate room for the oil tank - potential to turn this quaint building into a holiday let subject to obtaining the relevant planning permission
- Greenhouse to the rear
- On the left hand side of the property there is a charming walled garden with fruit trees and a well
- Front and side gardens are set in lawns with hedging and stone walls
Void height hallway with wooden floorboards, white painted high wooden skirting boards, historic wooden front double doors with period lock, overlooked by the study through a feature wooden balustrade balcony above.
LOUNGE: 18' 4" X 11' 9" (5.59m X 3.58m)
Large open lounge with updated sash window and original panel detail surround, decorative wooden look-alike beams, marble fireplace surround with slate hearth and an inset ESSE 500 multi fuel cast iron stove and high wooden skirting boards. This room accesses all areas of the house including the conservatory.
KITCHEN WITH BREAKFAST AREA : 14' 11" X 12' 4" (4.55m X 3.76m)
Open plan kitchen with brick patterned floor tiles, Aga Stove with two hot rings and a double oven with art deco wall tiles, flat electric built-in hob, double bowl stainless steel sink with chrome mixer taps, art deco splashback wall tiles, high and low kitchen pinewood cabinets with worktop and breakfast bar leading to the dining area.
DINING AREA: 9' 4" X 5' 8" (2.84m X 1.73m)
Extended dining area to the kitchen with large corner wooden double glazed windows providing stunning countryside views complete with window bench, storage cupboards, hot press, large dark grey slate floor tiles.
CONSERVATORY: 14' 2" X 10' 9" (4.32m X 3.28m)
Fantastic old style olive green spacious conservatory with side garden and countryside views, decorative floor tiling and access to the garden,
BEDROOM (1): 13' 5" X 12' 0" (4.09m X 3.66m)
Master bedroom with shower cubicle in room and sliding door to ensuite toilet and wash hand basin, sash window with views of the side garden and beyond, built in wooden cupboard, high ceiling with storage cabinets above and high wooden skirting boards.
BEDROOM (2): 11' 5" X 11' 3" (3.48m X 3.43m)
Good sized second bedroom with wooden floor boards, high ceiling, high wooden skirting boards and cornicing around, built-in wall cupboard, sash window with surrounding panel detail and views of the front garden and Nugent Estate beyond, access to the adjacent bathroom.
BATHROOM: 8' 6" X 6' 4" (2.59m X 1.93m)
Tiled floor and partially tiled walls with cast iron bath on legs, wash hand basin and close coupled toilet all in white suite.
BEDROOM (3): 18' 4" X 11' 9" (5.59m X 3.58m)
Converted attic bedroom plastered and ready for painting and decorating leading up to an office/study room.
OFFICE/STUDY: 18' 4" X 12' 7" (5.59m X 3.84m)
Superb space for an office, study or playroom with stunning countryside views to the rear of the property, a range of wooden shelving units, and wooden balustrade balcony overlooking the hallway below with exposed wooden roof beam.
Fabulous old stone outbuildings currently utilised as a garage and stores. Subject to obtaining the relevant planning permission these buildings could perhaps be transformed into a quaint holiday let or potential granny flat. There is a further greenhouse to the rear for the avid gardener.
Travelling from Newtownards to Portaferry on the Deer Park Road, Mountain Road is on your right hand side just before the Nugent Estate
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.